Exploring Costa Rica pt.3

9:21 PM

     Day 3&4 were our adventure days. On Day 3 we were scheduled to do zip lining, however the weather wasn't  getting any better. From our hotel it was foggy and we thought it wasn't going to be worth it going when you couldn't see anything around you. So we rescheduled for the next day and instead went down to La Fortuna. When we got down we realized that it wasn't even that foggy and it was just up where we were. Then my sister had the idea of going horseback riding, so thats what we did. 
     After walking around a little and getting a little snack we went up to the hotel to get ready to go horseback riding to the waterfalls. Not going to lie I was kind of scared to go, since I just recently heard a story of someone who fell off and got injured. 

     When we arrived to the place all the horses were there ready to go, and of course I was the first one to get on the horse. I strapped on my helmet as tight as I could and got on my horse. Her name was chilly, she was very cute but again I was so scared when I got on I just wanted to die. I felt like I was so high up from the ground and from there I was already planning my escape just incase the horse goes crazy on me. 

     No one in our group had ever ridden  a horse so our tour guide told us all the things we needed to know, like how to make the horse turn right or left and how to make them stop. Then we were off to the waterfalls.We went through open fields, three rivers, up and down hills, on roads, and the forest. It rained a little but the horses didn't mind it at all. 

     One good thing is that the horses knew their way and we didn't really need to direct them. Finally, after an hour riding we got to the waterfalls. They were gorgeous I just wanted to stay there forever. You were allow to get in the water but it was so cold, just putting your feet in was enough. Then after being there for a little we got back on the horses. Yes riding horse does hurt, especially when the horses gain speed.

Day 4 ZIP LINING!

     Now I was super nervous because this was my first time doing real zip lining. The company we did it was called sky trek. Their zip lines are CRAZY and when I say crazy I mean crazy. They have 8 zip lines including a small practice one.
    
      First, you get to ride the sky tram to the lines; it goes up to 4,100 ft. Their zip lines were really long too. The longest (called Big Daddy) was 2,493 ft it was also the fastest one which has you going about 60 mph maybe even more. 

     We zip lined through the Arenal National Park. It was so spectacular, after screaming for my life while on it, I got a chance to look to the side and see how beautiful the park was. The view was just unbelievable. After that crazy activity we took a break and ate some yuca chips. This was such a wonderful experience especially for it being my first time.

      After both adventurous activities we went straight to the hot springs to relax our aching bodies. This is what Costa Rica is about, taking risk and not letting the rain stop you from doing anything.

Pura Vida,
Melanie S.  




I had no idea what I was getting myself into.


this is  actually my I'm screaming in the inside face



















 Zip Lining!








You can see the bottom of the volcano



These next few photos are from Sky Adventures online gallery. 






You Might Also Like

0 comments